If you’re like me, your closet is tiny and can’t accommodate your complete wardrobe. So we need to preform the seasonal clothing swap. Early spring and fall are when I do my swaps.
Steps for spring:
- Wash winter coats, hats, gloves, scarves and pack away until next winter. Clean and condition winter boots before packing away. Don’t forget those wool socks, fleece socks, winter slippers and bathrobes.
- Remove all wool, cashmere and heavy sweaters from your closet. Pack up all turtlenecks and winter layering pieces.
- Add 3-season items and summer layering pieces to your wardrobe.
- Swap out winter hats, scarves, leggings, and jewelry for lightweight options.
- Once it gets hotter add tank tops, shorts, bathing suites and summer dresses.
Taking some time to evaluate clothing prior to packing it away is a great way to stay organized.