Establish some keep criteria to use when making decisions on what to keep or not keep. Keep items that meet at least two of your criteria. If items don’t meet any of your established criteria let them go. Listed below are examples of my keep criteria.
- The item warms my heart and makes me feel special and loved.
- The item is displayed prominently so I can see it every day.
- The item is useful and makes my life easier in some way.
- The item fits my current lifestyle, decor, and values.
- The item is unique, one-of-a-kind, and irreplaceable.