Have you ever convinced yourself that you can’t start an organizing project, or any type of project because you wouldn’t be able to finish it. Do you tell yourself that it’s not worth starting if you can’t finish. This is an all or nothing attitude. The idea that we have to do the whole project gets in the way of us starting the project. Here are 5 easy steps to help jump-start any project.
- Write down what the very first step of the project is.
- Pick a day and time to start and put it on your calendar.
- Gather all the materials you’ll need.
- On project day, set a timer for 30 minutes and work on completing step one of your project.
- Repeat the process. You may need more time for step one, or you may be ready to move on to step 2,3,4… either way, you’ll be making progress.