Please share your comments on one or more of the above platforms. I’d greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
November has arrived and I’m still asking myself what happened to October. I’m not quite ready for the winter months, but there are two cold-weather activities that I’m looking forward to, snuggling up on the couch with a good book and scrapbooking my vacation photos. What are you looking forward to this winter?
November 5th is Book Lovers Day
Did you like to read as a kid? I did not, that’s why my sisters are so surprised when I tell them about a good book I’ve just read. I read all the time now. I read for business, pleasure, and for the book club I belong to. I even listen to books in the car. Here are some recent reads that you may like:
- For business: Let it Go by Peter Walsh
- For pleasure: Closet Confidential by Mary Jane Maffini
- For book club: Have You Seen Luis Velez by Catherine Ryan Hyde
- On Audible in car: The Marlow Murder Clubby Robert Thorogood
Here are a few more of my favorite books on organizing that I’d recommend. Please share your book recomendations with me.
November 17th is Use Less Stuff Day
Have you ever looked at the National Today website? It’s a site that lists all the celebrations of the day. In the month of November we have Book Lovers Day (listed above), and Use Less Stuff Day. This day encourages us to use fewer things and reduce waste by being aware of the clutter of unnecessary things in our homes. The criteria I use to describe unnecessary things is:
- any item that is no longer used, appreciated, wanted, or needed
- expired, outdated, obsolete things
- extreme surplus, excess, or quantity
- broken and damaged items
- things from an old hobby, craft, or sport that are no longer in use
- irrelevant papers, files, and books
These criteria will help identify clutter. Once it’s identified it can be removed from our homes.
Please share with me what you will remove from your home on Use Less Stuff Day.
|Holiday shopping thoughts and insights:
I’d sincerely appreciate a review!
If you’ve worked with me in any capacity, I’d be grateful for a review. Simply click on this link and answer 2 questions. Thank you and happy organizing!