https://helpfulorganizer.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Desk-organized.jpg 640 640 Janine Cavanaugh, CPO® https://helpfulorganizer.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/15-Years-LOGO.jpg Janine Cavanaugh, CPO®2018-08-01 01:10:492022-08-11 18:42:58Clutter-free Surfaces
If you took a photo of all the flat surfaces in your home right now what would they look like? Are they cluttered with a bunch of stuff? Can you prepare a meal on your kitchen counter? What would you have to clear off in order to eat dinner on your dinning room table? How many piles of paper do you have on your desk? Can you see the surface top of your bathroom vanity? Is there any available space on top of your dresser, coffee table, night stand, end table? Here are 5 tips to help you create and keep clutter-free surfaces.
- Scan and empty surface areas each day in order to prevent clutter build-up.
- Clutter-free means that there is some available, usable space. Therefore clear off an 18 x 18 inch area of space on your work desk each night.
- Use flat surfaces as temporary activity areas and when the activity is complete, clear the surface.
- Limit yourself to 3-5 permanent items per surface area.
- Don’t use surfaces as storage areas. Have a place for everything and put it in it’s place.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!