Tip: The best way to organize a junk drawer is to follow the guidelines listed below and to use utensil or desk drawer divided trays. You can find these products at kitchen supply stores, office supply stores, department stores and the Container Store.
- Keep the junk drawer(s) organized by compartmentalizing the items.
- Keep like items together in divided compartments.
- Label the compartments on the bottom of the tray.
- Don’t allow every drawer you have to be filled with random items that don’t make sense to be stored together.
- Limit the number of junk drawers you have to one. If that is not possible, have no more than two.